OTPR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Oakland Township Residents and Friends:
Due to mandates from the Michigan Governor and the Oakland County Executive, Oakland Township Parks and Recreation is making operational changes that are in the best interest of the health and safety of the public and our employees to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- All Oakland Township parks and trails are open for use by the public in accordance with social distancing guidelines. All portable restrooms remain open.
- All playgrounds, basketball courts, and fishing/kayak docks in Oakland Township Parks are now open.
- All Pavilion rentals at Bear Creek Nature Park are available now.
- All outdoor programs are cancelled through mid-June. We are developing plans for a small number of lower-risk activities to offer this summer starting in late June/early July. We are implementing best practices to safely reopen facilities and programs as permitted.
- Please go to our website (www.oaklandtownship.org) and our Facebook link (facebook.com/OTParks) to see our virtual yoga and tai chi classes, our nature videos, and Oakland Township Park information.
- The Parks and Recreation offices are currently closed to the public through June 12, 2020, however we can be contacted at email@example.com, or by phone at (248) 651-7810. Starting Monday, June 15, 2020, Parks and Recreation is open to the public from 9:00am-3:00pm. Residents who wish to do business at Parks and Recreation should wear a mask and complete a passive screening before entering the building. Social distancing policies apply at all times.
Our team of staff and instructors are trained in safety protocol that follow CDC Guidelines and are equipped with Personal Protective equipment and gear. Our team is also actively communicating with each other, our partners and our patrons about the role each of us can play to help prevent the spread of infection.
Thank you for doing your part to keep everyone safe!Oakland Township Parks and Recreation COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan and Training
Oakland Township Parks and Recreation COVID-19 Self-Screening