OTPR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Oakland Township Residents and Friends:
Due to mandates from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Oakland County Executive, Oakland Township Parks and Recreation is making operational changes that are in the best interest of the health and safety of the public and our employees to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Oakland Township parks and trails are open for use by the public in accordance with social distancing guidelines. All portable restrooms remain open.
- Playgrounds, basketball courts, and fishing/kayak docks in Oakland Township Parks are open.
- Pavilion rentals at Bear Creek Nature Park are available now.
- Outdoor programs were modified for lower-risk activities. We implemented best practices to safely reopen facilities and programs as permitted.
- Visit us on Facebook (facebook.com/OTParks) to see additional virtual yoga and tai chi classes, our nature videos, and Oakland Township Park information.
- Parks and Recreation can be contacted at email@example.com, or by phone at (248) 651-7810. Parks and Recreation offices are open to the public from 9:00am-3:00pm. Residents who wish to do business at Parks and Recreation should wear a mask, complete a passive screening, and call for entry before visiting the offices. Social distancing policies apply at all times.
Our team of staff and instructors are trained in safety protocol that follow CDC Guidelines and are equipped with Personal Protective equipment and gear. Our team is also actively communicating with each other, our partners and our patrons about the role each of us can play to help prevent the spread of infection.
Thank you for doing your part to keep everyone safe!Oakland Township Parks and Recreation COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan and Training
Oakland Township Parks and Recreation COVID-19 Self-Screening