Oakland Township does not have its own library, however, it does have an elected Library Board of Trustees that administers a dedicated, voted millage for library services. The 1.000 mil is comprised of two millages, originally 0.8000 and 0.2000 which have been Headlee reduced to .6212. With this millage, the Library Board currently provides full library services for Oakland Township residents by contracting with the Rochester Hills Public Library. All residents of Oakland Township and all persons employed at an establishment located in the Township are eligible for a library card and full library services.
The Library Board is comprised of six residents of Oakland Township who are elected to 4 year terms (at the same time) in the General/Presidential election year. The office is NON-PARTISAN and members do not receive payment for service. Terms of the current members are effective through November, 2020.
Oakland Township Library Board
Henry Carels, Member
William Gawthrop, Vice-President
Patricia Gonser, Member
Carolyn Phelps, Secretary
Michael Tyler, President
Andrew Parker, Member
Regular meetings of the Oakland Township Library Board of Trustees are held quarterly at the Oakland Township Hall, 4393 Collins Road, on the following Thursdays at 7:00 p.m:
May 18, 2017
August 24, 2017
November 16, 2017
January 18, 2018, organization meeting followed by regular meeting.
The Library Board Agendas and Minutes can now be viewed at the eCode360 website.
Special meetings may be scheduled with an 18 hour minimum notice.
The Bookmobile is in Oakland Township at the following places and times:
- Country Creek Commons Shopping Center at Silver Bell & Adams 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Delta Kelly Elementary School at Adams & Gunn 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Woodlands Mobile Home Estates off 32 Mile Rd. 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Timberlea Apartments Clubhouse on Livernois between University and Avon 3:15 – 4:00 p.m.
- S & M Market at Rochester & 32 Mile Rd. 5:15 – 6:15 p.m.
- Paint Creek Cider Mill - 4480 Orion Road 7:15 – 8:15 p.m.
Rochester Hills Public Library Telephone Number: 248-656-2900